Seventh Sense Group

Akasaka 2-12-10

Tokyo, 107-0052

Monday to Friday

9:00 ~ 18:00

Income Tax in Japan: Exit Tax

If you own more than ¥100 million in financial assets, you may have to pay Exit Tax.

Residents who have lived in Japan for over 5 years in the last 10 (not including time spent on work visa or business manager visa) and who own financial assets worth over 100 million yen are subject to exit tax when they leave the country.

Exit tax is paid through your income tax return, and the aforementioned financial assets are counted at their price 3 months prior to your intended departure date.

Follow Us on Social Network

Latest Posts

Get some free advice

Company establishment and accounting can be complicated in Japan.
Don’t do yourself, we’re here to help.

Get in touch for  a free consultation.