Seventh Sense Group

Akasaka 2-12-10

Tokyo, 107-0052

Monday to Friday

9:00 ~ 18:00

Individual Income Tax Return – Payment Certificate

Want to know more about filing a tax return in Japan? Check out our videos and get in touch with us at Seventh Sense Group!

Soon it will be time for Japanese individuals (freelancers or sole-proprietors) to file their tax returns.

One of the important documents to submit for filing is the Payment Certificate. Generally, Japanese companies send these to their outsourcing workers around January.

However, it’s possible that you may not receive them, as companies are not required to send them. They are only for the tax office. However, you can request them or use your other documents such as bank statements.

Just remember to check that the amounts match, that the tax has been calculated correctly and that the documents are accurate.

Follow Us on Social Network

Latest Posts

Director’s enrollment in insurance

Japan’s labor insurance system includes workers’ accident compensation insurance and unemployment insurance. Employers are obligated to enroll all workers, including part-time employees, to workers’ compensation

Read More »

Get some free advice

Company establishment and accounting can be complicated in Japan.
Don’t do yourself, we’re here to help.

Get in touch for  a free consultation.