Seventh Sense Group

Akasaka 2-12-10

Tokyo, 107-0052

Monday to Friday

9:00 ~ 18:00

Income Tax in Japan: Foreign Tax Credits

If you are unsure whether you need to declare a certain income from overseas in Japan, it might be better to consult a professional.

If you’re a tax resident of Japan, and you have a source of income that’s taxable both in Japan and overseas, you might be eligible for a foreign tax credit to avoid double taxation.

Eligibility depends on your individual circumstances, such as tax residency, where the income was earned, what type of income, and how the payment was treated. For the preparation and filing of your tax return, please feel free to contact us.

Follow Us on Social Network

Latest Posts

Company types in Japan

According to Japanese Company Law, there are 4 types of company in Japan.1. Stock Company – 株式会社2. Limited Liability Company – 合同会社3. General Partnership Company

Read More »

Get some free advice

Company establishment and accounting can be complicated in Japan.
Don’t do yourself, we’re here to help.

Get in touch for  a free consultation.