Seventh Sense Group

Akasaka 2-12-10

Tokyo, 107-0052

Monday to Friday

9:00 ~ 18:00

Moving-out Notification (pension withdrawal)

Want to know more about lump sum pension withdrawal in Japan? Check out our video and get in touch with us at Seventh Sense Group!

For foreigners who have paid into the Japanese pension system, there is a lump sum pension withdrawal you can apply when you leave Japan.


There are certain requirements for applicants, such as

  • Not having Japanese citizenship
  • Having paid the pension for 6 months to 10 years
  • Never having received any pension including disability pension
  • And other

Moving-out notification

You can only apply after you’ve left the country, as you must have no address in Japan at the time of application. To prove that you no longer have an address in your name, you must cancel your registration from the Residents’ Registration at your city office within 2 weeks before your departure by submitting a “moving-out notification”.

You can show your ticket, etc. to let them know your departure date so they can remove your registration on that day.


If you are from a country that has a bilateral pension agreement with Japan, you can choose not to withdraw your pension and instead have the part you have paid into the Japanese pension system added to your pension in your home country. You can learn more about this here.

SSG can help with

  • Tax representative
  • Lump sum pension withdrawal application
  • Tax return to get a tax refund

You can learn more about this here.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at Seventh Sense Group!

This information is for general information purposes only and should not be considered as professional advice. Please consult with a qualified professional for any specific questions you may have.

Follow Us on Social Network

Latest Posts

Dormant company

You can make your company dormant in Japan by submitting the form to the relevant authorities. As the company has no profits, there won’t be

Read More »

Incorporation costs

What are “Incorporation costs” The costs you have paid for the incorporation process. These include: Incorporation costs, also known as start-up costs, organization cost as

Read More »

Get some free advice

Company establishment and accounting can be complicated in Japan.
Don’t do yourself, we’re here to help.

Get in touch for  a free consultation.