Seventh Sense Group

Akasaka 2-12-10

Tokyo, 107-0052

Monday to Friday

9:00 ~ 18:00

Representative Office in Japan

Want to know more about Representative Office in Japan? Check out our video and get in touch with us at Seventh Sense Group!

One of the ways to expand your business in Japan is to set up a representative office (駐在員事務所).

Compared to setting up a company, there is no registration certificate or notification of establishment to the tax offices (but if a salary is paid to the representative, the withholding tax notification must be filed).

To do this, you must first appoint a representative (代表者) and then secure the office. If you rent the office, the lease will be in the representative’s name, as a representative office doesn’t have legal entity status.

However, there are restrictions on activities, such as not engaging in sales. The activities are limited to market research, data collection, purchasing, advertising or other activities that are prepared before the actual business operation.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at Seventh Sense Group!

Follow Us on Social Network

Latest Posts

Branch Office in Japan

Last time we talked about opening a representative office in Japan. This time, let’s talk about the branch office. It is called “支店” (shiten) in

Read More »

Get some free advice

Company establishment and accounting can be complicated in Japan.
Don’t do yourself, we’re here to help.

Get in touch for  a free consultation.